Wednesday, March 23, 2011

A dose of good tunes

Ahhh...my spirits are up now that I received a very special package in the mail yesterday from my new friend, who just happens to be on another continent 18 hours ahead of me.  Mrs. Peterson of Mrs. Peterson Pottery was kind enough to share some of her favorite Australian-based music with me.  She has created a monster!  I love it all!  I have had the music for roughly 24 hours and am already catching myself humming the tunes (you would not want to hear me actually try to sing--agghhh--we will leave that to the professionals), anticipating listening to them again! 

One of my favorite songs of the mix is "For You" by Angus & Julia Stone.  I hope that I am not the only one who had never heard of this lovely brother/sister duo.  This song is particularly tender and I think her delicate voice suits it so perfectly! 

Thank you so much Mrs. P for sending a little music love my way!  You are the best!

And for anyone else who happens to take a look at this blog, run (c'mon, scoot it!) to Mrs. Peterson's Etsy shop and take a gander!  I bet you will want one of everything there!  And check out her website as well to find out even more about her gorgeous work. 



Angus & Julia Stone - "For You" - Café de la Danse (Paris / FRANCE) 08.05.10 from Los Aficionados on Vimeo.


1 comment:

  1. YAY!! I love these guys! So glad you are loving the tunage. horray for music from far away places...

    ReplyDelete