Monday, July 4, 2011

New goodies in the Etsy shop

Today was a good day to post a few new journals to my shop.

This is my Loblolly Pine design, a stamp I hand carved in honor of the trees that surround my home.  When I was a little kid, I would spend hours making pine needle houses, which basically consisted of crafting a 3-inch tall outline of a home floor plan. I was also convinced that if I buried a whole pine cone and watered it every now and then, I would be able to grow a gigantic pine tree.  Needless to say, that never worked.



The rocket in this picture is a bank that once belonged to my husband's grandfather.  As a child, my husband loved launching pennies into the rocket using that little slide and red button. It still works, but I have no idea how to get the money out, which I guess makes it a fairly secure penny bank.  Given that the original design for this light bulb was for my sweet husband, I thought that the rocket bank would be a perfect pairing for this journal.



I have always loved koala bears, and would be very disappointed to find out that they are not as cute and cuddly as they appear.  I just cannot imagine them being anything but impeccably sweet.

1 comment:

  1. KOALA!!!! You did a KOALA!! Cheers Mate!

    ReplyDelete