Sunday, February 27, 2011

Whispers of warmer weather

It is likely common knowledge that Texas is a big state.  Along with being a large state, there is no one dominant climate.  We live in the hot and humid part.  In the part of east Texas where I live, we pretty much skip Spring and go straight to Summer.  Less than a month ago, we had snow.  This weekend, the temperatures were in the mid to high 70s and the air was humid.  We have to enjoy the five minutes of Spring we get.

With that in mind, I put together this warmer weather themed treasury.  This treasury features items that are colored in warm, enriching tones, mostly reds, oranges, and ambers.  There are some pretty amazing items in here!

3 comments:

  1. This is great, I especially like the fox.

    I live in a valley, along a river. There isn't so much a climate as a rotating display of weather. While interning in a more northern city along the same river, where the weather is even more unpredictable, someone told me, "If you don't like the weather, wait a minute." All of that is to say, I understand your tribute to a brief moment of good weather. :D

    (floofball)

    ReplyDelete
  2. :)

    So true!

    We lived in Seattle for many years, and it was always strange to us how these little micro-climates exist throughout the region. Once, it snowed about a foot at our house unexpectedly, causing several of the reticulated buses to jackknife right in front of me as I waited for a bus. Needless to say, I did not make it to work that day!

    I called my boss, told her that I could not come in. The office I worked in was about 10 miles south of my apartment. When I told her it had snowed and I could not make it in, she said that it had not snowed at all there! Now that was crazy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're making me jealous. We had another 8 inches of snow night before last. Which was pretty until we had winter rain all day today. Yuk. LOVE the treasury, especially all the animal friends!

    ReplyDelete