Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Hecho A Mano Tienda

Not too long ago, I was asked by the Guadalupe Cultural Arts Center in San Antonio, Texas to create carved designs of Cesar Chavez, Che Guevera, and Emiliano Zapata for the upcoming grand opening of their year-round market, Hecho A Mano Tienda.  Of course, I jumped at the chance to be part of such a great event!  If you happen to be in the San Antonio area on November 23, you should check out the grand opening of the market...and grab a notebook while you're there!  And if you can't make it to the market, you can also find these notebooks over at my Etsy shop

For each design, I prepared a pen/ink illustration based on historical photographs of the men then transferred the images to the rubber blocks for carving.  My hope is that these designs honor the legacy of these great men.


 Cesar Chavez




Che Guevera



Emiliano Zapata



***



2 comments:

  1. These are amazing! And my dog Che and my husband Emiliano approve! Way to go Erica, love seeing your work :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much Adriana! It was such an honor to work on these! Tell Che and Emiliano that I also appreciate their approval! ;)

    ReplyDelete