Friday, May 20, 2011

All new light bulb necklace in the shop

We are slowly phasing out incandescent light bulbs in our house, replacing them with the little squiggly compact fluorescent bulbs (the U.S. is set to phase them out entirely by 2014).  Of course, for the bulbs in our ceiling fans and such that are exposed for all to see, we have opted for the squiggly bulbs that look like incandescents.  I cannot foresee a day when it will look acceptable to have bare little squiggly bulbs showing.  While the new breed of light bulbs are definitely a better idea when it comes to energy efficiency, I still love the iconic image of the standard incandescent light bulb.

Not too long ago, I created a hand carved stamp of the incandescent bulb and created a card, which you can find at my Etsy shop.  I wanted to take it a little further and add the image to a necklace.  Well...here it is now, and I could not be happier!  I really, really like this design.  I have the image framed a little by sanding the edges a little further than my other pendants. I think that it works well with this design. 



No comments:

Post a Comment